DUBLIN, April 4, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The report “Evolving the Role of Telecom Operators in the Global Cloud Communications Value Chain” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
This study analyzes disruptive market trends and identifies opportunities for telecom operators to capitalize on their strong connectivity, professional and managed services in the evolving cloud communications space.
Business communications have evolved over the years to include a plethora of new communication and collaboration tools, such as video meetings, team spaces, corporate short messaging services (SMS), and more.
Many companies have also moved their call control (private branch exchange (PBX)) and collaboration tools to the cloud and adopted advanced Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) solutions to gain operational efficiency and become more agile.
However, enterprise telephony and voice service deployment models have remained relatively static for generations. Business numbers and Direct Inward Dialing (DID) numbers are delivered to the customer’s premises by some form of connectivity – i.e., originally by analog telephone service lines (POTS) and later through Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) and digital E1/T1 trunks. Regardless of the carrier used, these phone numbers were associated with some form of customer premises equipment (CPE), such as a PBX or contact center, or terminated in terminals such than fax machines.
The adoption of Internet Protocol (IP) and Voice over IP (VoIP) standards has moved telephony and voice services away from the use of dedicated physical circuits for transport and towards a future state of fully converged IP networks providing the transport of all applications and services. used within a company.
VoIP trunking services, using defined Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) standards, have replaced physical circuits for many businesses. However, the way providers sell SIP trunks and customers consume telephony service has not changed. SIP trunking provides highly dynamic VoIP capabilities, but for many business customers it plays a very static role of “set and forget”.
Today, the communication services value chain is being disrupted by innovative cloud communication providers. Several trends are impacting the ecosystem, including the successful merger of telephony services and cloud applications, the emergence of compelling UCaaS resale models, and the growing influence of Microsoft and other cloud platform vendors on decision makers. computers.
It is imperative that telecom operators reassess their business models, realign their value proposition with changing customer needs, and carefully consider future partnerships.
Main topics covered:
1. Research objectives and methodology
- Research objectives and methodology
- Structure of the survey sample – by country
- Survey sample structure – by industry
2. Industry Introduction and Opportunity
- The UCaaS Disruption – The Merging of Telephony Services and Cloud Applications
- The UCaaS Disruption – The Rise of UCaaS Resale Models
- The Value of UCaaS and Network Provider Partnerships
- The Microsoft Effect and the Telecommunications Opportunity
3. Customer preferences for voice and collaboration services
- PSTN connectivity options for Microsoft Cloud Phone System
- Top Reasons for Preferred Method of PSTN Access
- Analysis of the preferred method of Microsoft Teams users
4. Reframe voice services in a collaboration-driven market
- Approaches and Responsibilities for Integrating Voice Services
- Communication infrastructure managed by the client
- Vendor Managed SBC Services
- Communication infrastructure as a service
- Integrated Calling Plans
- Services integrated to the operator
5. Key Vendor Findings and Growth Opportunities
- Main findings
- Growth Opportunities for Communication Service Providers
- Why is it increasingly difficult to grow taller?
- The strategic imperative
- Growth opportunities fuel the growth pipeline engine
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lonezl
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets